Be responsible for managing assigned conferences
- Expect overseas travel
- Be prepared to cater for a global audience with various time zones
- Ability to rise to a challenge, and demonstrate a positive, can do attitude
The purpose of a conference producer is to manage assigned conferences including topic research and programme generation. Conference producers also implement new conferences which could range from physical, virtual or even hybrid events. Conference producers work as part of an overall events team to make sure events run smoothly. A Conference Producer develops conference programmes by researching and producing pertinent topics to ensure they are of value and topical for potential sponsors and delegates.
To get a job as a Conference Producer you would need:
- Research and analytical skills to produce topical conference programmes for the markets assigned to you
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allied to strong presentation skills primarily via telephone but also face to face at events.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are self-motivated, an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
More information can be found at:
Prospects: Event manager job profile | Prospects.ac.uk
Possible pathway to jobs
You do not need a specific qualification to become a conference producer, and there is not a standard pathway. You do not need a degree and can work your way up from an assistant position. Some people move into event management from other sectors such as PR, hospitality, or marketing. Employers tend to look for relevant experience and strong transferrable skills. If you did want to take a qualification, the following courses could be an option:
Level 2 Award/Certificate in Event Planning
Level 2 Certificate in Live Events and Promotion
Information about the employer
Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
Mercator Media’s clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators.
The company is in an exciting stage, launching virtual events to complement their existing portfolio of European and Global conferences. Mercator Media | Home
Event Operations Executive
The purpose of a conference producer is to manage assigned conferences including topic research and programme generation. Conference producers also...