Catherine, former student of Brownhills Ormiston Academy, works for Aldi as a Marketing Coordinator
- Catherine studied A-levels in English, History, and Music and a BTEC Level 3 in Performing Arts
- Catherine completed a 4 year degree in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
- Her degree included a placement year at a marketing agency
Catherine, former student of Brownhills Ormiston Academy, works for Aldi as a marketing coordinator.
Catherine was always unsure about her career direction, but inspired by her music teacher in Year 12, she had the opportunity to work at an Arts Centre for a two-week work experience. This gave her so many diverse experiences; working with primary school children, working in the front of house in a theatre, creating and printing tickets, working on their social media accounts… it was this work experience that inspired her to go into marketing!
Catherine then studied marketing, adverting and public relations at Birmingham City University on a four-year course, which had a placement year working for a marketing agency.
Catherine’s advice to other OAT students thinking about going into business or marketing:
- Listen to your teachers
- Get involved in all the extra-curricular activities that you can
- Do lots of research at home about different industries and businesses that excite you
- Try and get as much hands on experience with a company or brand as you can
- Be determined and be kind
Catherine, former student of Brownhills Ormiston Academy, works for Aldi as a marketing coordinator. Catherine was always unsure about her...