Flayme, former student at Ormiston Horizon Academy, is a professional tattoo artist and owns her own business, Lady Rouge.
- Flayme loved creative subjects at school and did her Year 11 art project on the History of Tattooing.
- Flayme was inspired into her choice of career pathway by her family.
- Despite being young, Flayme runs her own successful tattooing business, Lady Rouge.
Flayme, former student at Ormiston Horizon Academy, is now the owner of Lady Rouge tattoo parlour.
Flayme began to learn how to tattoo from her dad at the age of 15, alongside her studies at school. She learnt the basics and then had to practice on artificial skin for a couple of years. She applied to get a tattoo license from the local council and then began her career as a professional tattoo artist. Flayme then completed a couple of years of experience in a local studio and decided it was time to put her own stamp on the industry and open her own business Lady Rouge!
During her time at Ormiston Horizon Academy Flayme made sure that she worked on her academic subjects but was most fond of creative subjects and engaged better in anything arty! For her final Year 11 art project she focused on the History of Tattooing.
Flayme was inspired into her career pathway by her family and becoming a tattoo artist always felt like a good fit for her. Setting up her own business at such a young age has had its challenges; it can be overwhelming at times and can be hard to be taken seriously whilst still being so young. However, Flayme has a strong family support network to guide and advise her along the way and she is thankful that she had such a good network when she left school to help her follow a creative career path.
Flayme’s advice to other OAT students wanting to have a career in the tattoo industry:
- Practice, practice, practice, as there is always something new to learn and new techniques to try.
- Build a portfolio of designs, as taking a portfolio always creates a good impression when meeting potential employers.
Tattoo artist and business owner
Flayme, former student at Ormiston Horizon Academy, is now the owner of Lady Rouge tattoo parlour. Flayme began to learn...